When you need to save a streaming video, you will find some platform won't let you download the streaming or even won't let you replay it. It is a headache for people like you who may need to have a history of a web conference, a tutorial, a lecture, or a class that can be referred to later. Moreover, you may also need the original video clips so that you can edit the streaming and make your own videos for sharing or uploading.
To solve the problem, a screen recorder will become a helping hand. This article will introduce 6 handy and professional tools to help you record a streaming video with good quality and without limitation. You can find plenty of solutions on how to record streaming videos including:
- How to Record Streaming Video on PC
- How to Record Streaming Videos on Mobile
- Record Streaming Videos with Built-in Tools
How to Record Streaming Video on PC
Many people may prefer to use online screen recorders to help capture live streams because they won't need any installation of software, extension, or program. However, using software on your desktop can have extra benefits. First, screen recorders for desktops or laptops are far more reliable and safer because they won't be affected by the Internet environment while recording. In addition, they provide a lot more features for video/audio recording, editing, and sharing regardless of a beginner or a professional.
Here recommends 3 best streaming video recorders for your PC and Mac.
1. iTop Screen Recorder
iTop Screen Recorder is a flagship screen recorder alongside light video editing and screen capturing functions. It can record anything on your Windows screen, helping you make a tutorial, record a game, make a video of a web event, demonstrate a window, and more.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7
- It can record video and audio at the same time.
- Webcam feature is supported.
- It can record high-quality gameplay videos without lagging.
- It supports simple sharing and uploading on a wide number of video channels.
- It includes more than 12 recording formats.
- It has no limitations on users, watermarks, and video length.
- Only available for Windows.
- The built-in video editor is very basic.
How to record streaming videos using iTop Screen Recorder:
Step 1: Free download and install iTop Screen Recorder on your PC.
Step 2: After you have joined a live stream, launch the software.
Step 3: Change the recording settings according to your need.
You can click on the down arrow beside the default "Full Screen" to change the recording area. You also can turn on or turn off "Speaker", "Mic", "Mouse", and "Webcam" in the same window.
Step 3: Click the big red "REC" button to start recording and stop recording using the floating overlay.
Step 4: Select the settings under "Video" and "Audio" and click on the "Save" button.
1. Uncheck "Add watermark to video" to remove the watermark on your recording.
2. You can find the recorded live stream in "My Creations" folder of iTop Screen Recorder.
After learning how to record streaming video Windows, you can read on to know two more tools to learn how to record streaming videos for other operating systems.
2. OBS Studio
Another stream recorder for recording a streaming video recommended here is OBS Studio. It is an open-source ad-free screen recorder but comes with professional-grade recording configurations and voice mixer. It is extremely powerful in recording a gameplay.
Compatibility: Windows, macOS, Linux
- It is totally free.
- It has many advanced features for video recording and editing.
- It allows you to create a customized watermark.
- Webcam is supported.
- It is not very friendly to average users because the learning curve is long.
- No technical support is available if you can't figure out how to use it.
Camtasia is a screen recorder and a video editor by TechSmith. It has long development history and is very stable. It allows you to capture a screen and make it into a video with/without audio. It also supports recording your face if you give it the access to the webcam.
Compatibility: Windows, macOS
- Video editing features are impressive.
- Its user interface is simple and friendly.
- It can record good-quality videos.
- It has multiple output formats and simple uploading to mainstream video channels, like YouTube live stream videos.
- Video recording is very basic.
- The paid version is one of the most expensive products in the market.
How to Record Streaming Videos on Mobile
A lot of users also watch streaming videos on their phones instead of on computers. Are you one of them? Do you know how to record streaming videos on mobile devices? This part will introduce 3 best streaming video recorders for mobile operating systems.
1. AZ Screen Recorder
AZ Screen Recorder is the best mobile screen recorder that is equipped with many expert-level recording and editing features. It is a very popular phone screen recording app and has over 10 million reviews in Google Play Store. Even though it has a paid Pro version, its free app has sufficient features that average users can utilize.
- It can record the phone screen and save the video with full HD.
- It has rich and professional recording features like frame setting and adding annotations.
- It can create GIFs.
- It has bugs in audio recording on devices running Andriod 9 or lower.
Mobizen is an alternative to AZ Screen Recorder. It can record anything happening on your phone screen, be it a live stream, a game, a class, etc.
- It supports webcam.
- It is very easy to use and doesn't much configuration.
- The output quality is good.
- It has annoying and frequent ads within the app.
- It leaves the watermark on the video.
3. Record it!
Record it! app is a very intuitive screen recording tool that can record the entire screen when you are watching a live stream. The Pro version doesn't have time limit or watermark placement for a video recording or sharing. The setup and operation are very simple. You can also record audio and edit the video before saving it.
Compatibility: iOS 11 and above
- It supports webcam and customizable webcam shape and size.
- It is easy to use and users-friendly.
- Features are limited in free version.
- No options for screen selection but a full-screen recording.
Record Streaming Videos with Built-in Tools
Using third-party streaming video recorders for computers or mobile devices to make a video will need you to download and install an app. Do you know how to record streaming videos without installing an app?
The answer is to use the built-in tools. Most (if not all) computers and mobile devices come with a built-in screen recorder. For example:
- You can press down Shift + Command + 5 keys together to bring up the built-in record on Macs.
- On an iPhone, you can use the screen recorder in Control Center to record screen.
- Moreover, Windows comes with Game Bar to help record a window or gameplay. The built-in screen recorder is in the notification center by swiping down the screen.
They are totally free and can help record streaming videos in a fast and convenient manner. However, the recording functions of these built-in tools are very basic and may not meet your needs of webcam support, video editing, audio recording, direct uploading to video channels, and more. If you want to have a better screaming videos recording experience, you still need the help of professional recorders.
How to record streaming videos most professionally? Even though a built-in tool can achieve the basic recording of your streaming video, to bring your recordings to another level by editing or other effects is not possible with it. A professional and advanced screen recorder can better help record better quality videos and without limitations. iTop Screen Recorder is an ideal screen recorder for Windows computers. Test its useful video recording and editing features for free now and make a nice video of your own.
Powered by Froala Editor