Netflix is one of the most popular video streaming services on the earth. It scaled its service from DVD rental to video on demand in 2007 following the flourish of digital production. Now, it has established a giant library which collects tons of movies and TV shows from famous film studios. Moreover, it has developed as a film studio itself to launch lots of hit TV series, for example Stranger Things/Wednesday, all of which are named as Netflix Originals. There is no surprise that you can find whatever you want to watch on Netflix. But, here's a case that some TV shows and movies do leave Netflix after a period of time because of licensing agreements. If you want to preserve your favorite programs for longer time, it is highly suggested to screen record Netflix for offline playback without trouble.
How to screen record on Netflix? In this article, we would like to introduce the easiest ways to record Netflix movies and TV shows on any device, including PC, Mac, iOS and Android phones. Read on!
Can You Screen Record Netflix
Netflix doesn't offer a feature to record movies or TV shows natively. You can screen record Netflix with a third-party screen recorder, which can help you quickly and easily capture desired content on the service. However, some words say that you can only get a recording with black screen probably caused by Netflix's algorithm for copyright protection. Therefore, we made several tests and pick the most possible ways to screen record Netflix without black screen.
Disclaimer: We do not advocate screen recording copyrighted content on Netflix for any commercial and illegal use.
How to Screen Record Netflix Without Black Screen on PC
iTop Screen Recorder is a free screen recorder that available to capture screen and videos on all Windows PC. It boasts the powerful ability to capture streaming videos from any services. Certainly, you can screen recorder programs on Netflix hassle-free.
iTop Screen Recorder offers an array of features to deliver great user experience and performance for recording.
- Record Netflix Without Black Screen: iTop Screen Recorder utilizes advanced scheme which enables you to record Netflix movies and TV shows flawlessly. With the Speaker option, you can record Netflix video with audio or without audio. The support for capturing microphone and webcam also helps you to make reaction video for popular Netflix movies and TV shows.
- Record Netflix in HD Without Lagging: iTop Screen Recorder is able to record 1080p, 4K and 60fps videos on Netflix. Due to hardware acceleration and low-CPU usage, it produces a super smooth procedure to screen record Netflix movies and TV shows with no lags or shutters.
- Record Netflix Videos to MP4/MOV etc.: iTop Screen Recorder has a batch of output formats, from MP4, AVI, MOV for videos, to MP3, FLAC, AAC to audios. The default output formats are MP4 and MP3. You don't need to worry about incompatible problem during playback.
- More Tools for Enhancement: iTop Screen Recorder builds in more video tools, such as video editor/video compressor, to help you process the Netflix recordings for getting better visual effects, smaller size for later sharing with friends or families.
How to Screen Record on Netflix with iTop Screen Recorder
Step 1. Download and install iTop Screen Recorder on your PC. It is fully compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7.
Step 2. Start Recording
- Open the TV program you want to record on Netflix.
- Then, Launch iTop Screen Recorder. Select recording area. You can record part of screen, full screen, a window, or a region in fixed ratio.
- Turn on Speaker to record Netflix video with audio. Otherwise, customize your recording options.
- After that, click on REC button to start recording.
Step 3. Stop Recording
3-seond countdown later, a mini control bar appears on the screen. Click Done (the red square-shaped) button to stop recording whenever you want.
The recorded video will be automatically listed in My Creation. You can play, edit, upload it immediately.
How to Screen Record Netflix Movies/TV Shows on Mac
Mac enjoys some prominent differences with Windows. Some software run well on Windows while seems not to be compatible on Mac. QuickTime Player is a native multimedia program for macOS. It can not only play videos, but record your screen and video effortlessly. How can QuickTime Player screen record Netflix on Mac? Follow the guide.
Step 1. Open QuickTime Player from Application folder.
Step 2. Click on File > New Screen Recording.
Step 3. The screen recording window appears. Click the drop-down arrow button next to Record button to select screen record with microphone or not.
Step 4. Click on Record button. A box pops up on your screen. Click anywhere to record entire screen or just adjust and drag the box to record selected region.
Step 5. Click on Start Recording to record Netflix on Mac. When you are ready to finish, click Stop button in the top menu bar.
Also Read: How to Record Your Screen on Mac >>
How to Screen Record Netflix Programs on iOS & Android
Indeed, there are also a large group of mobile users that would spend a lot of time enjoying films and series on Netflix. While sometimes the schedule is not that available, thus, people can't help wondering how to screen record Netflix on phone. The quickest and easiest way is to use the inbuilt screen recorder without watermark on iOS and Android.
- Open the Netflix web that you want to record.
- Pull up your iPhone's control center from the bottom and look for the Record icon.
- Click on the Record button, and your video will start to get recorded.
- Tap the red Record button in control center to stop recording. Or, tap the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
- From the various options present in the notification drawer, touch on the Screen Recorder option. If you can’t see the screen recorder there, check the application drawer.
- Open Netflix and go to the show that you wish to record. To start recording, click on the red button present on that widget.
- After recording the whole episode or the movie, stop the recording by clicking on the floating control bar's square button present on the screen. You can also stop recording by locking the screen.
As Netflix has gathered different kinds of TV series and films around the world, many people have a demand to screen record on Netflix for further offline watching. With an available screen recorder, you can easily complete Netflix recording easily. For Windows users, iTop Screen Recorder is an easy yet powerful tool that empowers user to screen record Netflix movies and TV shows without black screen. It delivers smooth recording process and outputs high-quality files. Besides recording Netflix and other streaming videos, it can also record Zoom meetings, online classes, gameplays with no effort at all.