Compressing MP4 is a great way to reduce the size of large video files. It can be used for a variety of purposes, ranging from web streaming to sharing videos with friends or colleagues. Compressing MP4 also allows you to save storage space and reduce upload times when sharing videos online. People always have good reasons to compress MP4.
Then, this article is prepared for you to compress MP4 while avoiding video quality loss, with the best free MP4 compressor. If you only want to compress MP4 video online, you can also find a solution in this post.
- How to Recover Temporarily Deleted Data from Laptop
How to Recover the Permanently Deleted Data from Laptop
- Recover the Deleted Data from Laptop with Data Recovery Software
- Recover the Deleted Data from Laptop with File History on Windows 11/10
- Recover the Deleted Data from Laptop Using Backup and Restore
MP4 Compression: A Smart Way to Store and Share Your Videos
As mentioned beforehand, you can compress MP4 for different purposes, and here are the main benefits you can get by carrying out MP4 video compression.
Less storage occupation: Compressing MP4 videos helps conserve storage space on your device, allowing you to store more data in less space.
Upload or transfer videos faster: It would take more time to upload a large MP4 video online. After you compress such a video, the whole process can be finished faster. You can distribute more large video files over the internet in less time.
Less bandwidth consumption: The larger a video is in file size, the more bandwidth it requires, whether you want to upload, load, or stream the file. On the contrary, a smaller video will occupy less internet bandwidth. Compressing an MP4 is a good way to reduce bandwidth usage.
Share videos without file size limits: When sharing MP4 videos via email or SNS, there is usually a file size limitation. You can compress the video for email to bypass the maximum limit.
The Best MP4 Compressor to Compress MP4 Without Quality Damage
MP4 video compression doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice some video quality for a small file size. The best practice of video compression should export smaller videos while keeping the original quality. Are you looking for a capable MP4 compressor? iTop Screen Recorder is the best choice for you.
It is multiple-functional software for video compression, recording, and editing. With the Video Compressor tool, you can compress MP4 videos with ease and get videos of high quality and smaller size. There is no quality loss at all.
See What You Can Get from iTop Screen Recorder:
- Compress MP4 with no quality loss: iTop Screen Recorder is featured by high-quality compression standards, by which you can compress videos without losing quality.
- Compress local files & records: It integrates a free screen recorder with the video compressor. You can not only compress a video from your computer but record a part of your screen for compression.
- Flexible compression levels: There are three compression levels with different compression ratios. You can choose to reduce MP4 videos to a desired file size. The free version promises a video compression rate up to 30%. If you want a higher video compression rate, the advanced mode supports you to reduce the file size by up to 70%.
- Advanced H.264 and H.265 compression: iTop Screen Recorder's video compressor adopts the most popular H.264 and H.264 standards, to implement efficient compression.
- 4K Ultra HD resolution support: iTop Screen Recorder has fully supported 4K video recording, compressing, and editing. You can compress high-definition videos or record HD screen with no lag.
- Fast compression speed: With the advanced algorithm, iTop Screen Recorder provides users with 30% faster compression speed.
How to Compress MP4 Video to Smaller Size
Now you have a full understanding of the MP4 compressor. Follow the guide below to see how to compress MP4 video with three simple steps.
Step 1. Click the “Free Download” button to get the MP4 compressor and install it.
Step 2. Launch this program and open Compressor from the Tools menu.
Step 3. Import the MP4 you want to compress. You can click the Add button or directly drag and drop the video into the compressor.
Step 4. You can change the save path or the export format at the bottom of the interface, for example, you can compress video to MP4, MKV, MOV, and AVI. Once set up, click the “Compress” to start compressing MP4 video.
Also Read: How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10 >>
Additional Trick - Compress MP4 Videos Online
Some users prefer to compress MP4 video files through online tools because those tools make it easy for people to compress large files or reduce the size of small files without having to install any software. If you’re struggling to compress a large MP4 video with an online tool, FreeConvert is the perfect online solution for you! Follow the guide to compress video size online.
Step 1. Go to FreeConvert. Click the Tools tab, and click Video Compressor.
Step 2. Click the “Choose Files” button to upload the video you want to compress. You should notice that you can only compress videos smaller than 1GB if you didn’t sign up.
Step 3. Click the “Compress Now!” button, wait for a few seconds, and FreeConvert will finish reducing your video file size soon. Download the compressed video.
The Bottom Line
It’s necessary to compress MP4 in video creation and usage. Online MP4 compressors are easy to use but these tools always limit the file size that you can upload. If you want to compress a large MP4 video, programs like iTop Screen Recorder are the better choice. Additionally, iTop Screen Recorder offers more control over the compression process and ensures good quality output. To get the most out of your MP4 compression, try this desktop program out!