Screen recording on Windows 10 is undoubtedly the most ideal way for gamers to show off fantastic gameplay on the internet, for tutors to make guideline videos, or any other needs. People are always thinking of how to record screen Windows 10 easily, quickly and the best for free. It can be achieved if you get a great screen recorder.
What's is the best screen recorder on Windows 10? How to record your screen on Windows 10 using a screen recording program? Here, we introduce two free ways to capture everything on your Windows 10 and 11 PC screen. Follow the guides and make your screen recording with audio on Windows 10.
- This is an Article Index.
- Do not insert any text in here.
- This index will be generated automatically when displayed on the front end.
- Of course we still love you.
How to Record Screen with Built-in Screen Recorder on Windows 10
Yes, some even don't know that there's a built-in screen recorder for Windows 10 - Xbox Game Bar. As its name suggests, it is primarily designed for gamers to record clips of video games. Even though, it is convenient to use and works well in most apps used as a Windows 10 screen recorder. Let's go to see how to find the native screen capture tool and how to record screen in Windows 10 with it.
First and foremost, you need to find and turn on Xbox Game Bar
Step 1. Click the Start button at the bottom and the Gear icon to open the Settings.
Step 2. Select Gaming. Then the Xbox Game Bar section load by default. On the right, there is a toggle shat is to turn on or off the Bar. If it reads Off, click the toggle and turn on the video capture tool. Then you can record screen Windows 10.
How to record your screen on Windows 10 with Xbox Game Bar?
The screen recorder tool does work in regular apps, but it still has some disadvantages. Not all actions on Windows 10 can be recorded by the tool. Desktop, File Explorer cannot be recorded. So before starting press the shortcut key to open the Xbox Game bar, remember to open the app you want to record at first. Otherwise, it will notify that gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File Explorer. Then you could follow the steps to record screen Windows 10 instantly.
Step 1: Press the shortcut key Windows Key + G to open the pre-installed screen recorder Window 10.
Step 2: Click the Start Recording button (or press the shortcut key Windows Key + Alt + R) to record your screen on Windows 10. You could click the Setting button and change default settings, such as choose to record audio or not.
Step 3: On the top right of the computer screen, you could see the Capture Status, which shows the time of the recording. To end the recording, just click the green button.
To view the video you've recorded, press the Windows Key + G and open the Xbox Game bar. Click the Widget Menu, choose Gallery, and you could watch all videos you've recorded. These videos are saved as MP4 files. Another way to find your recorded videos in Windows 10 is to go to the Captures subfolder under the Videos folder.
Cons of the built-in screen recorder Windows 10:
- Cannot record full screen or specify a resolution to capture.
- Cannot pause while recording.
- Limited video editing features.
- Sometimes the gaming features not available for the Windows desktop
How to Record Screen on Windows 10 with Free Screen Recorder for PC
To help you record screen on Windows 10 with more options, we recommend a professional and free screen recorder on Windows 10 (suited for other Windows operating systems too). The 100% free screen recorder is iTop Screen Recorder. Designed to record your screen on Windows 10 and 11, it offers the best service to record video with high-definition visual performance without lagging on the frame. Better than Game Bar, it can record screen in Windows 10 with high quality.
Main Features of iTop Screen Recorder:
- Record everything on your Windows 10 screen. It empowers you to record what's happening on the screen. You can record gameplay, record skype video call, record zoom meeting or more. The quality will not be comprised and the recording length is not limited.
- Record screen with sound. Open the app and you can choose to record system sounds, microphone, and mouse clicks. All sounds can be completely recorded.
- Capture screen to record flexibly. The screen recorder offers 4 options to choose the screen region to record: full screen, a specific region, fixed ratio (4:3 and 16:9).
- Record screen with highest 4K graphic quality. iTop Screen Recorder supports the maximum 4K screen recording to fit your best-quality Windows recording need.
- Support various output and convert formats. After recording, you could save the video in over 12 formats compatible with mainstream digital devices. Audio can be saved in MP3, AAC, and other formats. More than that, it assists you to convert a video to any format you want.
- Edit videos after recording. iTop Recorder has more functions than recording. After the recording ends, you could click the Edit button to edit the video with basic edit functions and save it instantly. Every single frame is what you want.
- Record screen with no limitation. iTop Screen Recorder enables you to capture screen with no time limit. It is also the best screen recorder for pc without watermark.
- Upload videos to social media platforms immediately. Right-click a video and choose the Upload option. You can upload a video from the Screen Recorder to popular social media platforms: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook. Google Drive, and Dropbox.
Next, we'll show you how to record your screen on Windows 10 with iTop Screen Recorder step by step.
Steps to Record Screen on Windows 10 with iTop Screen Recorder
Step 1: Free Download iTop Screen Recorder on Windows 10 or other Windows versions and install it right now.
Step 2: Open the recorder and set up preference. For more settings, click the Settings to choose the video size, format, frame rate, and quality. You can also set the audio format and frame rate.
Step 3: Start to record screen on Windows 10 by clicking the red circle record button. (Or press the hotkey F9 to start recording.) 0 lag technique. Press F10 to pause the recording and F9 to end it.
When you end the recording, the video is saved automatically. Under the video list, you can see all recorded videos and edit a video by clicking the edit icon.
If you're accustomed to recording screen on mobile, there are 13 best screen recorder apps for Android and iPhone with useful features for your to choose.
How to screen record on Windows 10 is a simple question to answer. Its native screen capture tool - Xbox Game Bar - is convenient. But if you are seeking a screen recorder for Windows 10 to make a well-done screencast, iTop Screen Recorder is your best choice. It works on all Windows versions and helps you record high-quality videos without one penny. Try it free now to record your screen in Windows 10 and share content with others.
Powered by Froala Editor