Screen recording on Windows 10 is undoubtedly the most ideal way for gamers to show off fantastic gameplay on the internet, for tutors to make guideline videos, or any other needs. People are always thinking of how to record screen Windows 10 easily, quickly and the best for free. It can be achieved if you get a screen recorder.
What's is the best screen recorder Windows 10? How to record your screen on Windows 10 using a screen recording program? Here, we introduce two free ways to capture everything on your Windows 10 and 11 PC screen. Follow the guides and make your screen recording with audio on Windows 10.
How to Record Screen with Built-in Screen Recorder Windows 10
Yes, some even don't know that there's a built-in screen recorder for Windows 10 - Xbox Game Bar. As its name suggests, it is primarily designed for gamers to record clips of video games. Even though, it is convenient to use and works well in most apps used as a Windows 10 screen recorder. Let's go to see how to find the native screen capture tool and how to record screen in Windows 10 with it.
First and foremost, you need to find and turn on Xbox Game Bar
Step 1. Click the Start button at the bottom and the Gear icon to open the Settings.
Step 2. Select Gaming. Then the Xbox Game Bar section load by default. On the right, there is a toggle shat is to turn on or off the Bar. If it reads Off, click the toggle and turn on the video capture tool. Then you can record screen Windows 10.
How to record your screen on Windows 10 with Xbox Game Bar?
The screen recorder does work in regular apps, but it still has some disadvantages. Not all actions on Windows 10 can be recorded by the tool. Desktop, File Explorer cannot be recorded. So before starting press the shortcut key to open Xbox Game bar, remember to open the app you want to record at first. Otherwise, it will notify that gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File Explorer. Then you could follow the steps to record screen Windows 10 instantly.
Step 1. Press the shortcut key Windows Key + G to open the pre-installed screen recorder Window 10.
Step 2. Click the Start Recording button (or press the shortcut key Windows Key + Alt + R) to record your screen in Windows 10. You could click the Setting button and change default settings, such as choose to record audio or not.
Step 3. On the top right of the computer screen, you could see the Capture Status, which shows the time of the recording. To end the recording, just click the green button.
To view the video you've recorded, press the Windows Key + G and open the tool. Click the Widget Menu, choose Gallery, and you could watch all videos you've recorded. These videos are saved as MP4 files. Another way to find your recorded videos in Windows 10 is to go to the Captures subfolder under the Videos folder.
Cons of the built-in screen recorder for Windows 10:
- Cannot record full screen or specify a resolution to capture.
- Cannot pause while recording.
- Limited video editing features.
- Sometimes the gaming features not available for the Windows desktop.
How to Record Screen on Windows 10 with 3rd Party Screen Recorder
Third party software is the leading solution to record screen in Windows 10 when Xbox Game Bar can't satisfy you. iTop Screen Recorder is an easy, free and powerful screen recorder for Windows 10 and the latest 11. It unblocks the power to capture every activity on your Windows screen, from mouse clicks/keyboard inputs to video/audio playing on the computer. You can record programs, browsers and any selected area on your screen with no effort.
iTop Screen Recorder provides multiple options to meet virous screen recording requirements on Windows 10. It also builds additional video processing tools, like video editor, video compressor, to further enhance your recording for later watching or sharing.
- Record any area on your Windows 10 screen. Flexible screen capturing can be easily realized with iTop Screen Recorder. You can freely choose to record part of screen (selected region), full screen, a window and an area with fixed ratio (4:3 or 16:9).
- Record screen in Windows 10 with audio & webcam. The screen recording mode enables you to record screen with audio and webcam at the same time. Addition to capturing system audio and built-in camera on computer, the screen recorder for Windows 10 also supports external microphone and webcam. Therefore, it can help create how-to videos, training videos, explainer videos etc., efficiently.
- Record Windows 10 screen in high quality with no lagging. You can customize video quality for your recording, in 720p, 1080p, 4k, 60fps and more. Hardware acceleration is utilized to promise a smooth recording progress. You can capture HD videos with no shutters or other issues.
- Record everything on screen in Windows 10. iTop Screen Recorder can exactly capture what is happening on the screen. You can use it to record zoom meeting or other online webinars, gameplays, video calls or streaming videos/audios with no quality loss.
iTop Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use program for beginners with an intuitive interface. You can get your screen recording just in few clicks.
Steps to Record Screen on Windows 10 with iTop Screen Recorder
Step 1. Free Download and install iTop Screen Recorder for Windows 10. It is also compatible with Windows 11, 8 and 7.
Step 2. Set preference.
Launch iTop Screen Recorder. Go to Settings and make your customization if necessary. For example, if you want to adjust video parameters, click on Format > Video, and then, you can set size (resolution), format, frame rate, bit rate and quality.
Step 3. Start recording your Windows 10 screen.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select recording area.
- Turn on Speaker only to record screen with system audio.
- Turn on Mic and Webcam to record screen with your voice and yourself simultaneously.
- Click REC button to start recording.
Step 4. Stop recording, edit and save.
- Soon, a mini control bar appears. Click Done (the red square shaped) button to stop recording.
- Your recording file will be automatically saved in My Creation.
- Click Edit button to launch video editor for cutting, resizing, rotating and adding text/image/effects.
- Also, you can play, rename, delete the recording or directly upload it to social media.
How to Record Screen in Windows 10 with Microsoft PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is more than a presentation maker but has hidden recording feature making it to be used as a screen recorder for Windows 10. If you just want to capture screen with audio and mouse movements, PowerPoint is the most convenient helper. Now, let's learn how to record Windows 10 screen using PowerPoint.
Step 1. Create a new slide. Click Insert > Screen Recording.
Step 2. Choose Select Area or press Windows logo key +Shift + A. Drag the cursor and select the area of screen you want to record.
Step 3. Click Record or press Windows logo Key+Shift+R to start recording. Click Stop or press Windows logo key + Shift + Q when you want to end the recording.
Tip: PowerPoint will automatically record screen with audio and pointer in Windows 10. If you want to record screen without sound, turn off the audio option before recording.
Step 4. The recording will be automatically insert to the slide. To save it as a separate file, right-click the video frame and select Save Media. Choose a folder and give it a name. Click Save.
Also Read: How to Create a PPT Screen Recording on PC >>
How to screen record in Windows 10 is a simple question to answer. Its native screen capture tool - Xbox Game Bar - is convenient. But if you are seeking a screen recorder for Windows 10 to make a well-done screencast, iTop Screen Recorder is your best choice. It works on all Windows versions and helps you record high-quality videos without one penny. Try it free now to record your screen in Windows 10 and share content with others.