Cisco Webex is a well-known App for video conferencing, online meetings, screen sharing, and webinars. It provides support for 20 million meetings every month. Because they happen in real-time, you will miss out on the meeting if you can't attend it. How to record Webex meeting becomes an issue that needs to be addressed for those who don't want to miss what has happened in the meeting and for those who want to have a complete history of the session so that they can refer to it later.
In this article, we will illustrate how to record Cisco Webex meeting as a participant as well as a meeting organizer.
- How to Record Webex Meeting with Built-in Function
- How to Record Cisco Webex Meeting as A Participant?
How to Record Webex Meeting with Built-in Function
Many people may wonder if Webex comes with a built-in recording function so that they don't need to download or install any software, program, or extension. The answer is yes. Webex does have a handy built-in recorder to record a meeting or webinar right on the Webex window.
Before proceeding to the tutorial about how to record Webex meeting with its built-in recorder, you should understand the rules of Webex recording.
- Webex only allows a host/alternate host, a presenter, or account administrator to record the live session. If you want to record as a participant, you need to ask one of those people above to record for you.
- Only a paid account can record Webex meetings to the cloud account.
- Both paid and free accounts can record the Webex meeting to a local computer using the desktop app, but you need to make sure your computer has enough storage space for a recording.
Now let’s get into the point, how to record Webex meeting:
Step 1: Click the "Record" button at the bottom of the Webex app screen after you have started a meeting.
Step 2: Choose to save the recording file to the cloud or to a computer.
If you are using a paid account, you will have both choices. While you can only opt to save it to a folder on your computer if you are using a free account.
Step 3: Select a destination to save the recording file and click on "Save".
Step 4: Pause or stop the recording in the pop-up.
The "Record" button will become red in the middle and there will be timing to tell you how long you have been recording. You can also click the "Record" button again to hide the pop-up.
How to Record Cisco Webex Meeting as A Participant?
What if you are not a host or co-host but you want to record a Webex meeting as an attendee? Then you will need a tool that allows everybody to record Webex meetings.
iTop Screen Recorder is a professional-grade recording application that permits all users to record a live session with or without audio on the Windows platform. No matter what your role is in a meeting, a host, or a participant, you can use this tool to record a Webex meeting at any time.
iTop Screen Recorder offers many useful recording features that Webex built-in recorder can't compete with:
- Free to get and free to use. The software is 100% free to download and install. You don't need to upgrade to a paid version to be able to record a Webex meeting.
- Flexible screen capture. This recorder supports recording a full screen or any customized area of the screen. As a result, you can record all participants or only a single participant in a web meeting.
- Multiple output format. iTop Screen Recorder has more than 12 output formats when you are exporting the Webex recording file. It is very helpful for your future editing, uploading, or sharing.
- HD recording. This screen recorder can record Webex meetings with high-quality even with 4K quality.
- No time limit. You can record a long video as long as your computer has enough space to save it. It is friendly for lengthy conferencing and lectured classes.
- Easy to use. This software has a user-friendly interface with clear hints where to click so beginners can know how to record Webex meeting with it quickly.
- 100% safe and private. The installation file doesn't contain any virus and is 100% clean. Your recorded videos will be accessed by yourself and won't be exposed to anybody else.
- Simple video editing. This tool comes with a light video editing function. You can trim your recorded Webex meeting in order to save the most vital clip.
Read on to know how to record Cisco Webex meeting as a participant with iTop Screen Recorder.
How to Record Webex Meeting with Audio on PC
It is easy to record a Webex meeting with iTop Screen Recorder, even though you use it for the first time.
How to record Webex meeting with audio in 3 steps:
Step 1: Download, install and launch iTop Screen Recorder on your PC. Make sure to turn on the "Speaker" or/and "Mic" to record audio at the same time. Adjust the other settings as you need.
Step 2: Click the big red "REC" button to start recording and stop recording using the same button. Taking screenshots while recording is supported.
Step 3: Select a destination and other preferred settings for the recorded Webex video and click the "Save" button.
If you select a destination for restoring the Webex recording file, you can directly open the folder to find the video. If you use the default path, you can find the recording in the Documents folder. Also, you can bring up the main window of the software and go to "My Creations" to see the recording list.
Web meetings, online conferencing, and virtual education have gained increasing popularity as well as service providers like Cisco Webex. The need of recording the real-time sessions goes up too because many people can't attend and don't want to miss the discussions. Making a video of a live meeting or any virtual event is beneficial for making a transcript or later reference too.
Hopefully, this article has helped with how to record Webex meeting for you. You can use Webex's built-in recorder, but it has some limitations such as limited output formats and host-only recording privilege. Use iTop Screen Recorder to break the limitations and know how to record Cisco Webex meeting as a participant and how to record Webex meeting with audio easily and for free.