A clip is a piece of short video cut from a long recording. Nowadays we refer to it as the type of small videos, which contain excellent content from movies, games, tutorials, and other streaming resources. So, what's the easiest free way to produce tiny clips on PC - in other words, how to clip on PC or how to clip last 30 seconds on PC? and How to save the clips on PC? Here, you will find several good methods for capturing games, meetings, and movies on your Windows or Mac computer. Let's take a look!
How to Clip on PC - Gameplay Clips and Something Else
Screen recorder is a perfect solution to capture clips on PC, for both game clips and something else. iTop Screen Recorder is a versatile screen recording and editing tool used to capture any activity on any area of your screen.
It is a clip recorder packed with across-the-board functionalities empowering you to record clips on PC while keeping high quality. It supports capturing any game available on Windows. For example, you can record Valorant, LOL, Roblox, Minecraft, PUBG and other popular PC games using it with no effort.
iTop Screen Recorder has an array of features to clip stuff on PC and create a perfect game tutorial.
- Record game clips with no lags/no fps drops: iTop Screen Recorder has a game recording mode used to flawlessly capture game clips. It will automatically detect the game you are playing and help you record gameplay with webcam/microphone. Game boost option is available to optimization your system configurations and hardware parameters for a smoother gaming experience. Using the screen recorder, you can record game videos no lagging and no fps dropping.
- Clip videos on PC without quality loss: iTop Screen Recorder will never compromising quality of recordings. It offers customizable parameters allowing you to record 1080p, 4K, 60fps videos to MP4 and other formats.
- Record and edit clips at one stop: iTop Screen Recorder builds in a video editor that empowers you to trim/crop/resize screen recordings and add text/image/music/effects to it for later sharing. It makes a possibility to clip last 30 seconds, last minutes, last 5 minutes on PC.
- More recording options: Besides game and video clips, iTop Screen Recorder can also capture audio and webcam only. You can record streaming music to MP3 for offline listening and record webcam video with virtual background in few clicks.
How to Clip Something on PC with iTop Screen Recorder?
Step 1. Download and install iTop Screen Recorder below to clip on PC. It is fully compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7.
Step 2. Adjust parameters before recording if you want to clip high-quality video on PC. Go to Settings > Format. In video panel, you can set video size (resolution), frame rate, format, bitrate and quality.
Step 3. Back to main interface. Click on Record > Game to access game mode for recording game clips on PC. Add your game if your game is not detected. Then, turn on Mic and webcam if you want to record gameplay with yourself. You can also turn on Boost to enjoy better gaming and recording experience. Next, click REC to start recording.
Tip: You can use other recording modes, Screen/Webcam/Only Audio, to clip something on PC.
Step 4. After 3-second countdown, a mini control bar appears. Click Done button to stop recording when you want to finish.
Step 5. Your recording will be saved to Files > Video. Click Edit button to access to video editor. You can use Quick Editor to cut recording to short clip and add filter/sticker/music. Also, you can use Advanced Editor to make further enhancement.
How to Clip Last 30 Seconds/5 Minutes on PC with Xbox Game Bar
How to record last 5 minutes on PC? Well, Windows 10 users will never be strange with this free clip maker - Xbox Game Bar. Designed to record games on Windows 10 devices, Xbox Game Bar is born with some excellent features in screen recorder Windows 10 desktop activities all for free.
Use the hotkey Windows + Alt + G key, and you can clip the last 30 seconds (or 5 minutes) on PC. And as the quickest and easiest way for how to clip something on PC, this method actually becomes less satisfying gradually considering that it fails to provide the best quality clips and the audio recording is always a problem.
- Record last 30 seconds PC: This simple and free clip maker can record the last 30 seconds on PC. Just like Nivida Shadow Play.
- Work on background: Once the recording starts, Xbox will operate on the background, causing no trouble to other desktop apps.
- Automatically detect games: Xbox Game Bar can auto-detect what's currently working on your desktop and
- Less than-average sound quality: What will disappoint you is that this best clipping software delivers disappointing performance in sound recording.
- 4-hour time limit: Xbox will not able to support any clip longer than 4 hours.
To be honest, compared to iTop Screen Recorder, Xbox Game Bar has a lot of limitations. iTop Screen Recorder has a specialized game recording mode that can record your gaming process with audio and facecam. And no matter whether you want to record last 30 seconds PC or the first 30 seconds, the whole screen or the feature screen, it will be easy, and no lagging in 4k recording.
How to Clip Things on PC with Graphics Card – Nvidia Share
Nvidia Share is another quick solution for 'How to clip last 5 minutes on PC?' Formerly known as Nvidia ShadowPlay, Nvidia Share is a part of the GeForce Experience software suite developed by Nvidia for veteran gamers to record gameplay and improve the game experience. Since Nvidia Share is hardware-accelerated, Nvidia Shadow play could be one of the best ways to record clips on PC. But it is only based on your computers' integration with GeForce graphics processing units (GPUs). Nvidia Share excels in instant replay, NVIDIA highlights, broadcast live, game filters, screenshots, etc. Compared with iTop Screen Recorder, Nvidia Share is integrated with stable performance, yet fewer features, and higher prices.
- Record the Last 30 seconds or last 5 minutes on PC: The Instant Replay feature of Nvidia Share allows users to record, save and share the last 30 seconds (or as long as 20 minutes) of the gameplay so people could capture their best gaming moments.
- FPS Indicator: The frames Per Second (FPS) indicator gives you a general view of how your CPU and GPU are used. With an Nvidia Share FPS counter, gamers could control the hardware status without switching to a desktop anymore.
- Not GPU-intensive at all: Any gameplay recorder takes up system resources when recording game clips on PC. However, as the default recorder of Nvidia graphics cards, Nvidia Share has little impact on GPU performance while capturing, recording, and live-streaming gameplay, thus, giving users a lag-free experience.
How to Clip Things on PC with Nvidia Share?
In this part, we will illustrate how to clip on PC with Nvidia in detail.
Step 1. Call out this recorder.
To use Nvidia Geforce's recording feature, first and foremost you have to be equipped with Nvidia's graphics card. If you do, press the shortcut Alt+Z to open GeForce Experience in-game overlay, where you can use Nvidia Share to easily record your game clips. Optimize the settings according to your needs.
Step 2. Start recording.
Select the Screenshot Mode on the left column. To systemically record clips with Nvidia Share, activate the Instant Replay option. Instant Replay acts like an always-on screen recorder, and you could press the shortcut Alt+F10 to save a clip of the last 30 seconds of the gameplay. To manually record clips with Nvidia Share, click the Record option to start, and hit the shortcut Alt+F9 to stop the clip recording. For how to save the clips on PC?, the recorded game clips will appear in the Videos folder by default.
How to Record Clips on PC Without Download – Screencastify
If you do not want to spend time downloading or installing recording software, Screencastify is a great automatic clip recorder for PC gaming. It is a lightweight Chrome extension recorder allowing people to record, edit, and share videos with just a simple click. One downside of the free plan is that Screencastify only provides video recording/editing up to 5 minutes in length. Yet, you could still enjoy unlimited video recordings at zero cost on the condition that your videos are less than five minutes.
How to Record Clips on PC with Screencastify?
So you might wonder how to clip on PC with Screencastify. Let us get started with the recording tutorial.
Step 1. Go to the official site of this tool.
Visit Screencastify's official page and pin the extension to your Chrome.
Step 2. Record.
Select a region you want to record: Browser tab, desktop, webcam only. Then tweak your configuration by enabling or disabling the relevant setting toggles.
Step 3. Finish recording.
Click the blue Record button to start recording game clips on PC. Hit the red Stop button to end. You will find the recorded gameplay clips in the My Recordings folder.
If you still need some other online free video recorder to capture clips on PC, you can also try Screen Capture. Select the necessary options (webcam, microphone, or system sound) and choose whether you want to capture a browser tab, a specific window, or an entire screen. Thereafter, click on 'Download' button to save the recorded file in MP4 format.
How to Clip Last 30 Seconds or 5 Minutes on PC - Wrap-up
This market provides more than one method for PC users to clip last 30 seconds on PC. GPU ways, built-in ways, console ways, and online ways. Different methods have different advantages and short backs. Let's check them out.
Nvidia Shadow Play/AMD Radeon Relive - GPU recorders
These built-in clippers that come with your Graphics Card (Nvidia/AMD) can naturally figure out how to clip the last 30 seconds on PC.
Hotkey: Alt + F10 to record the last 30 seconds or 5 minutes recorded footage.
The Built-in Recorder in Certain Games - GTA, E.g.
Some games are designed with default recorders that allow users to find the solution that how to clip last 30 seconds on PC with 3-rd party software.
Hotkey: it differs from game to game.
The Consoles - PS4, XBOX
Record last 30 seconds PC is a commonly-known feature. But if you plug your consoles on PC, you can easily solve the problem that how to record last 30 seconds on PC without hassle.
Hotkey: Hold the Share button + press Square.
Medal.TV - Free and Versatile Clipper
This handy recorder is less well-known to non-gamers. As a dedicated game recorder, Medal.TV developed multiple game recording features for users, with the last 30 seconds recording naturally covered.
Xbox Game Bar - Free Record last 30 seconds PC Windows 10
This method may be the most ordinary one, with the most notorious flaws. If you care about the audio, fluency, and resolution of your clips, Xbox Game Bar should not be the first choice.
Hotkey: Windows + Alt + G.
If you are not satisfied with the above solution in this part, iTop Screen Recorder is always your best choice to record from any time point, the first 30 seconds, the last 30 seconds, and so forth. You can also set a scheduled recording by filling up the start and end time point you want to clip, the iTop Screen Recorder will do all for you automatically.
Need to capture match-winning plays? Want to share your clutch kills with your friends? For a majority of gamers, knowing how to clip gameplay on PC is essential. This article teaches you how to clip on PC with three quality tools: iTop Screen Recorder, Nvidia Share, and Screencastify. With a package of recording features, iTop Screen Recorder is an excellent recording tool targeting all-level users on multiple occasions. We strongly recommend you download it and capture your key moments when enjoying your games.