Created by the Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG), MP3 is a digital music format that contains the encoded data of MPEG-1 Audio Layer III or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III. To reduce the size, an MP3 file is usually compressed by stripping out many sounds that our ears can’t hear. Even though, it could still retain a high audio quality that is comparable to a CD.
If you want to integrate music clips, create a podcast, or record phone conversations, business meetings, or court hearings, you would probably prefer to digitize these audios in MP3 format as well. To record audio into MP3, an MP3 recorder is needed. This article focuses on some powerful MP3 recorders that help you record any audio into MP3 format.
- This is an Article Index.
- Do not insert any text in here.
- This index will be generated automatically when displayed on the front end.
- Of course we still love you.
Three MP3 Recorder to Record MP3 Online
Online voice recorders are convenient, and it allows people to make an audio recording quickly without additional downloads and installations. In this part, we will introduce three MP3 recorders online and elaborate on the features of each tool.
1. Rev Voice Recorder
Rev Voice Recorder is the most popular online audio recording and transcription tool that enables people to record MP3 in just one simple step. It is completely free and could be used right in your browser. In addition, Rev Voice Recorder provides the human transcription service to transcribe your online speech recording to text, with a high accuracy standard of up to 99%.
2. SpeakPipe Voice Recorder
SpeakPipe voice recorder is another free online voice recorder that supports recording MP3 from the browser by using your computer microphone. Though there is a five-minute audio recording limit, it is still sufficient for most class tasks. The recorded audio could be assessed through a link, which you could share directly on social media, or download on a local device as an MP3 file.
3. Voice Coach
Voice Coach is a website originally designed for speech training and voice recording. The website provides an online voice tool called voice recorder, which could be used to record audio in MP3 format. It supports all browsers and allows users to capture important audio by sparing no effort. Moreover, Voice Coach does not upload and store any data to their servers. Therefore, the security is 100% guaranteed. You don’t have to worry about privacy problems and you are the only person who can access your recordings.
MP3 recorders for Windows 10
There are many versatile MP3 recorders available for Microsoft Windows as well, and iTop Screen Recorder is one of them. With a simple user interface, people don't need much computer experience to handle iTop Screen Recorder on their computers. Moreover, iTop Screen Recorder supports all the windows operating systems after 7, and you don’t have to worry about incompatibility problems.
Including all the must-have features, iTop Screen Recorder is designed for screen capture, video recording, video editing, and video transforming. And the application is far beyond a video tool, and it could also act as an MP3 recorder to capture system sounds and external audios synchronously or separately.
1. Before recording an MP3, go to the “Settings” for configuration. Tick “record speaker when recording” if you want to record system sounds. Make sure no headset is connected, or there would be no sound at all. Tick “record microphone when recording” if you want to record external sounds. Next, choose the output format. iTop Screen Recorder supports multiple audio outputs including MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, WMAV2, and more.
2. Once complete the configuration, play the audio you want to record, and hit the red circle button to record MP3.
3. To end the recording, click the done button or press F9.
Besides iTop Screen Recorder, Adobe Audition is one of the most comprehensive audio tools in the market that allows people to record, mix, edit, and even restore audio content. It supports Windows 7, 8, 10, and you could start to experience it with a free seven-day trial. Since it is a professional audio tool, we don’t recommend it to beginners with only a few basic needs.
When you record MP3 in Adobe Audition, open File > New > Audio File. A window will pop up, asking you to name the file and choose folder location. Keep the sample rate, channels, and bit depth as the default unless you have special requirements. Click “OK” to continue. Next, go back to the main page, and hit on the “Record” button to record MP3. Click the “Stop” button to complete the recording in Adobe Audition. Now you have your wave file, which could be saved in MP3 format.
MP3 Recorder for Mac
Online MP3 recorders are easy to operate but sometimes you might need a professional MP3 recorder with powerful functionality to record audios. In this case, people would turn to desktop-type MP3 recorders for more features. In the following content, we will look at the MP3 recorders for Mac and offer the most suitable option for your advanced audio recording requirements.
iSkysoft Audio Recorder
Skysoft Audio Recorder is feature-rich software that allows Mac users to record audio in MP3 or M4A file formats with ease. This utility tool embeds an intuitive interface of two windows: one is for recording audio and another one is a library where you could listen, edit, and manage your recorded audio files. The main features of iSkysoft Audio Recorder are concluded, but are not limited to:
- Quality output files in MP3 (low, medium, or high quality) or as M4A (high quality).
- Support recording online radio and music from various platforms including Grooveshark, Pandora, Spotify, and more.
- Auto-fetch artist name, song, and album information for all tracks.
- Burn your favorite music to CD
1. Before recording MP3 with iSkysoft Audio Recorder, click the “Preference” button for general settings of output format, filter time, and splitting time. However, it is suggested to keep the default configuration.
2. Play the audio you want to record, and click the “Record” button to start. While recording, you could see the audio spectrum. Adjust the volume toggle on the right side of the top menu bar if necessary.
3. To end the recording, click the “Record” button again, and the recorded audio could be played to review.
Another option to record MP3 on Mac is QuickTime Player. Developed by Apple Inc., it is featured with unlimited recording time and high-quality audio output. The recording operation is extremely simple without a complicating process. Pull down the “File” menu to select “New Audio Recording”, and click the red “Record” button to start recording. When finished, click the “Record” button once more to stop. The video would be exported as an MP3 file, and you would be asked to name the recorded audio and choose a storage location.
Nowadays, MP3 plays an indispensable role in our daily life. With a low data size, it is one of the most widely-used audio formats to store and deliver audio on the Internet. However, to record and manage MP3 in a desirable way, you need a powerful MP3 recorder. iTop Screen Recorder is a such fantastic utility that has already benefited many people. It allows people to record their voice memos, appealing background music from a video, and class lectures offline. We strongly recommend you to take a try and we believe it would not let you down.
Powered by Froala Editor