Video marketing is significant in business these days; learning now is mostly done online; a lot of people are fond of doing/watching a live show on YouTube and Facebook; the team members are working remotely in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic -- you will find recording things and actions on your display is essential in everyday life, and you may have been wondering the best ways how to record your screen and yourself at the same time.
With this article, we've rounded up the 3 best free screen recorders -- Zoom, iTop Screen Recorder and OBS Studio. Whether to record a YouTube channel, an online meeting, or you're a keen gamer wishing to record game videos, game commentating, or audience reaction video, these 3 apps are surely helpful. You may think it is very complicated to record your screen and yourself at the same time, but each of these 3 apps is actually easy to use, without any frustrating limitations. Furthermore, they are free tools, and extremely effective. Have your computer and webcam set up, and now we get started with the step-by-step guide on how to record your screen and yourself.
- Record Your Screen and Yourself at the Same Time Using Zoom
- An All-Round Recorder Helps How to Record Your Screen and Yourself on Windows
- How to Record Your Screen and Yourself with a Compatible Recorder
- Comparing Zoom, iTop Screen Recorder and OBS Studio
Record Your Screen and Yourself at the Same Time Using Zoom
Zoom is a multiplayer video conferencing app, providing a simple and reliable platform for video/audio conferencing, collaboration and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, and conference room systems. You know how to record lectures on zoom, and you have already conducted tens of or hundreds of online meetings and webinars using Zoom, but did you also know how to record your screen and yourself on windows 10 using zoom? Here are the steps.
Step 1: Open Zoom. Click the arrow button next to “New Meeting” to choose “Start with Video”. Then your webcam will open to record you during the meeting.
Step 2: Click “New Meeting” to start. A window will pop up to ask you if you want to join with computer audio or not. Click “Join with Computer Audio” if necessary. You can also set it as a default.
Step 3: You’ve started a meeting but currently you’re recording yourself only. If you also want the screen and yourself to be recorded at the same time, the next step is to click “Share Screen” and “Select a window or an application that you want to share”.
Step 4: After you have selected which window to record, a tool bar will appear. Click the “...” button, then click “Record” to start record your screen and yourself at the same time.
Step 5: Click “Stop Share” to finish your screen recording. And click “End” to close everything. At last waiting for “Convert Meeting Recording”. Then how to record your screen and yourself by using zoom is done.
An All-Round Recorder Helps How to Record Your Screen and Yourself on Windows
Zoom is great for presentation or meeting recording for sure, but higher quality recordings requires more professional ones, and you will then find Zoom is not good enough, not with clear and sharp picture quality or adequate functionality. For your various needs, iTop Screen Recorder is a better choice, or probably the best choice for online meetings, the best game screen recorder or any other software.
Cool Reasons to Use iTop Screen Recorder
- 1. It is convenient, easy and safe to use.
- 2. Given its enhanced features and functionality, it can record your screen and yourself at the same time. Recording the screen alone is also possible if you don’t want to record your webcam.
- 3. With iTop Screen Recorder, you can take screenshots while recording.
- 4. There are multiple output/convert formats available.
- 5. Record the Screen with Audio. The audio quality for iTop Screen Recorder is also superior to many other audio recordings.
- 6. No Lagging While high-quality recording
- 7. No time limits on video recording, plus no watermarks, bundled software, or advertisements.
- 8. Screen recording using iTop Screen Recorder only requires a moderate amount of CPU and memory, so it ensures a smooth experience while recording game videos.
How to Use iTop Screen Recorder to Record Your Screen and Yourself Simultaneously?
You can easily understand how to record your screen and yourself on windows 10 by following basic steps.
Step 1. Free download iTop Screen Recorder.
Step 2. Set up preference.
- Your screen will be automatically recorded. But you have to open Webcam to record yourself at the same time with screen recording.
- Choose to record “Full Screen” or other sizes.
- Open “Speaker”, “Mic”, or “Mouse” if you need them.
Step 3: Click the 'REC' button to start recording.
Step 4. Click the 'REC' button to stop recording when you finish.
Step 5. Check the recordings in the video list.
How to Record Your Screen and Yourself with a Compatible Recorder
Different from iTop Screen Recorder specially created for Windows (PC), and best for recording your screen and yourself on windows 10, OBS Studio is compatible with both windows and mac, and also a perfect tool for game videos recording and editing.
How to Record Your Screen and Yourself at the Same Time Using OBS Studio
Download, install and run OBS Studio on your system, and follow the the step-by-step guide on how to record your screen and yourself simultaneously.
Step 1: Free download OBS Studio
Step 2: Click the “+” icon under the 'Sources' section, and click on “video capture device”.
Step 3: Name each of the layers you add.
Step 4: Select the webcam from the “devices”. Click on the “settings” button to add webcam's microphone if needed.
Step 5: Find the audio tab on the left of the settings, here you see the 'Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device' dropdown and then select the webcam.
So now you start recording!
Comparing Zoom, iTop Screen Recorder and OBS Studio
iTop Screen Recorder
Windows, macOS, Linux
All are free apps
With video conferencing, web conferencing, webinars, screen sharing functions
1) Easy to set up and easy to use
2) A wide range of output formats
3) HD recording
4) No time limit, no watermark, Ad-free
5) One of the best screen recorders for gamers
1) Compatible with both windows and mac
2) Open source
3) HD recording
(4) One of the best screen recorders for gamers
Poor picture quality and limited functionality
Only for Windows
It takes some time to set up
So now you have got the three best ways how to record your screen and yourself at the same time. To conclude, all three apps, including Zoom, iTop Screen Recorder and OBS Studio, are great for meetings, lectures, similar video recordings. For the best experience, however, iTop Screen Recorder is best advised for Windows users out of its many cool functionalities. If you are a Mac user, OBS Studio can be a good choice for you, though not as convenient as iTop Screen Recorder to set up. But don’t worry, in the near future, an all-round iTop Screen Recorder will update to best cater to your needs, whether you are using Windows or Mac. Come and download iTop Screen Recorder and keep an eye on its update.
Powered by Froala Editor