It’s been years for iPhone to dominate the mobile phone market, thanks to its sharp design and powerful features, among which taking screenshot on iPhone may have already been known by many iPhone users. When it comes to recording screen on iPhone, however, far fewer know how to do that.
Whether you want to make fun videos or record some amazing moments while gaming, it’s important to learn how to record your screen on iPhone. For that reason, this post is going to discuss the 3 methods below to help you learn how to record your screen on iPhone easily. Hopefully, after you finish reading this blog, you would enjoy the precious moments when you share those recordings with others.
- How to Record Your Screen on iPhone Easily with Built-in Recorder
- How do You Record Your Screen on iPhone with Third Party Software
- Bonus: How to Record Your Screen on PC
How to Record Your Screen on iPhone Easily with Built-in Recorder
Owing to all its amazing features, the built-in recorder of iPhone is something we don’t want to miss. It allows us to record iPhone screen with sound both from system and microphone. Sounds interesting? Let’s dive into it.
Step 1. Enable the Screen Recording Feature
- Open “Settings”.
- Choose “Control Center” .
- Tap on the “+” sign next to the “Screen Recording” to move it into the “Include” section.
Step 2. Start the Recording
For iPhone X and above models:
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Screen Recording” button, to start the recording. (If you need to record sound, make sure you have turned on the microphone.)
For iPhone 8 and earlier models:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Screen Recording” button to start the recording. (Make sure the microphone is on as well, if your voice is needed.)
If you don’t want anything to interrupt you while recording, it’s better for you to put your device into flight mode.
Step 3: Locate and Edit Your Recording
After you finish the recording, all the videos can be found in “Photos”. You could tap the “Edit” button at the upper right of the screen to edit your recording. At the bottom of the screen, by moving the yellow arrow, you could trim the video. Also, you can press the “Play” button accordingly to see how it looks like while editing.
As a built-in tool, it is very convenient for iPhone users to record screen easily and safely. However, it does have some limitations: To protect their content, some music and video apps like Apple Music, Youtube and Spotify, won’t allow you to record screen, while they are playing music or video.
How do You Record Your Screen on iPhone with Third Party Software
If you indeed need more functions to finish recording, such as mouse-clicking, no lagging and longer recording time, keep on reading. In this part, we are going to discuss 3 third party tools to help you record your screen on iPhone in a more hassle-free way. Whether your would like to record your screen on any iPhone apps, or mirror the record screen to the PC, you would find these tools helpful.
1. Go Record
Go Record is extremely similar to iPhone built-in recorder, for it is also free and has almost the same steps as iPhone built-in recorder’s. You will need to screen up or down accordingly to your iPhone model from the screen to bring up the Control Center and then do the exact same steps like using iPhone built-in recorder to record screen on iPhone.
Let’s learn how to record your screen on iPhone easily with Go Record:
Step 1. Swipe Up from the bottom of the screen, press and hold on the “Recording” button.
Step 2. Select “Go Record” to be your recorder.
Step 3. Tap on “Start Broadcast” to record your screen on iPhone.
Make sure you have enabled screen recording on your iPhone beforehand.
- Allow to record your screen on iPhone in any Apps and games.
- Microphone feature is available while recording.
- All iPhone models are supported.
- Editing after recording is not directly available on Go Record.
2. Dr Fone iOS Screen Recorder
Here I would bring you another powerful tool, Dr Fone iOS Screen Recorder. It can not only be used to record screen on iPhone, iPad and iPod easily, but also mirror that to the computer where you can record your iPhone screen directly on PC.
Here are the steps to record your screen on iPhone easily with Dr Fone iOS Screen Recorder:
Step 1. Download and Install iOS Recorder.
Step 2. Then Go to Settings> General> Device Management, select the distributor of iOS Screen Recorder and tap “Trust”.
Step 3. Tap “OK” if a pop up window asking us to allow Screen Recorder to access photos.
Step 4. Select the resolution of the video.
Step 5. Press “Next” to start recording your screen on iPhone.
- Both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iOS devices supported.
- Easy-to-use and user-friendly.
- Mirror feature are available.
- Only available for iOS 8 and later versions.
- Cannot be downloaded in the Apple Store.
3. TechSmith Capture
The last recorder on iPhone I would recommend is TechSmith Capture, a free tool developed by Snagit. Whether your are going to capture gaming moments, record presentations or make App Store video previews, you can easily achieve that with TechSmith.
Follow the steps below to record screen your iPhone easily:
Step 1: Go to “Settings” and choose “Control Center”, followed by “Customize Controls”. Then press the ”+” button to turn on the recording feature.
Step 2: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the “Recording” button. Press “TechSmith Capture”. If you want to record screen with sound, tap on the “Microphone” button.
Step 3: Tap “Start Broadcast” to begin your recording journey.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod are all supported.
- Easy to share record files to Camtasia or Snagit.
- Only MP4 output format are available.
Bonus: How to Record Your Screen on PC
Recording the screen on mobile to share for joy and recreation is very popular among us, especially for youngsters. However, when it comes to video conferences and online classes, PC outcompetes mobile in terms of recording quality. Here recommends some of the best PC recording tools for you.
1. iTop Screen Recorder - A professional screen recorder on Windows, allowing users to capture high-quality video in multiple formats, and re-edit on iTop Screen Recorder directly.
Great Features of iTop Screen Recorder:
- Unlimited recording time.
- Stable, straightforward, safe and easy to use.
- Flexible to record full or part of the screen.
- Available for editing after recording directly in iTop Screen Recorder.
- Quality-guaranteed for any format of video record.
- Totally free. No watermark.
2. Flashback Express - A free screen capture software on Windows, inputting videos without watermark.
3. Camtasia - A premium all-in-one screen recorder and video editor.
OBS Studio - An open-source HD screen recorder on Windows, Mac and Linux. You may find it a bit hard to use though.
This Post not only discusses 4 methods for how to record your screen on iPhone easily, but also introduces 4 software for capturing video on PC. If you are also looking for an all-in-one recorder with editing on PC, iTop Screen Recorder should be your best option. Because it boasts the latest compression technique, leading to the best video quality with less size. What’s more, it’s totally free to record screen with unlimited time and no watermark.
Powered by Froala Editor